Hi Myles,

On 7/21/13 12:31 PM, Myles English wrote:

> From the documentation (C-h f insert-file-contents), it says that it
> "returns list of absolute file name and number of characters" but
> doesn't move the marker forwards, unlike insert does.  So, I guess you
> would have to then move the marker forwards by the number of characters.

Erhm, another case of readthedocs... Thanks for the shove! For
reference, I got it to work using a simple let like so:

(defun import-to-org-from-files (path pattern progmode)
    (mapcar #'(lambda (filepath)
                (progn
                  (insert (format
                           "\n#+name: %s\n" (file-name-nondirectory
                                             (file-name-sans-extension
                                              filepath))))
                  (insert (format "#+begin_src %s :eval no\n" progmode))
                  (let ((res (insert-file-contents filepath)))
                    (forward-char (second res)))
                  (insert "\n#+end_src\n"))
                )
            (directory-files path t pattern)))