On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt Price <mopto...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>> You can also use a filter on every timestamp exported and make sure any
>>> angle bracket is removed.
>>
>> I was able to add this bit of javascript to my wordpress site to
>> remove the brackets:
>> -----------
>>      var elements = document.getElementsByClassName("timestamp");
>> for (var i = 0; i < elements.length; ++i) {
>>     console.log("removing timestamp");
>>   elements[i].innerHTML =
>> elements[i].innerHTML.replace(/(&lt;|&gt;|\[|\])/g,'');
>> }
>> ---------
>> Is that what you mean by a filter, or should I be doing something in
>> emacs.
>
> I basically meant the Elisp counterpart of this.  See
> `org-export-filter-timestamp-functions' and "12.13 Advanced
> configuration" in Org manual.

thanks nicolas.  If you happen to have a moment, I'm having trouble
reproducing this regexp in elisp.  I would think that, even if I can't
figure out how to construct a single regex that matches all the
characters I want to remove, omething like this ought to work:
-------
(defun matt-org-export-filter-timestamp-function (timestamp backend info)
  "removes relevant brackets from a timestamp"
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'html)
    ;; unfortunatley I can't make emacs regexps work yet.  sigh.
    (replace-regexp-in-string "[][]" "" timestamp)
    ;; (replace-regexp-in-string "&lt;" "" timestamp)
))
but the second (commented-out) regexp seems to break my export.

Again, many thanks.
matt