In addition to Alfred/Applescript,  the Quickkeys application allows once to
directly access emacs keybindings (without emacsclient) and then let emacs
call call apple script to retrieve useful context for org-capture.

My solution is completely stolen from John Wiegley,  but it works great.

After calling org-smart-capture with quickkeys,  quickkeys calls the
appropriate org-insert functions
from here:

https://github.com/jwiegley/dot-emacs/blob/master/dot-org.el#L534

Quickkeys just needs to know the frontmost application when capture was
called,  which is easy to configure, and then it types the relevant org-insert
keybinding.

John, has also written a function called smart-capture that goes directly to
the capture template of one's choice:

https://github.com/jwiegley/dot-emacs/blob/master/lisp/org-smart-capture.el

Quickkeys is also worth its price for automating tons of actions with or
without Apple Script.

Damon

--
app: https://alpha.app.net/haleyscomet |