"Sebastien Vauban" <sva-n...@mygooglest.com>
writes:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> I never knew that "your" goal was to make the code block read-only in the
>>> Org
>>> buffer. Note that I would be really opposed to such a change. Editing code
>>> in
>>> the prose would really become a pain to me -- please know that I NEVER use
>>> the
>>> indirect buffer.
>>
>> I only mean while there is a special buffer also editing this block!
>
> Pfff!  I'm relieved -- I should have understood it ;-)

While we are at editing code blocks inline (I also do this quite often).

This might have been asked before, but in code blocks we have

- syntax highlighting
- indenting using the code block language settings

but would it be possible to have, when the cursor is in a code block,
the menus and shortcuts for the language mode enabled, i.e. complete
support for editing the code block language, as in the special buffer,
but inline in org? Evaluationg single lines of code directly from the
code block in org would be *brilliant*.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Best regards,