On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:57:46AM +0000, Ahmadou Dicko wrote:
>    I love slidify too and I think that having similar functionnality in org
>    could be great.
>    I think that you have everything to do that using the html backend, you
>    just need to interface the right Javascript/HTML5 library.
>    In slidify you can use io2012, deck.js, shower and landslide and I know
>    that you can use deck.js through ox-deck and it will not be difficult to
>    create and interface for other library too.
>    For example if you need a nice non Beamer library you can also check
>    ox-reveal which interface reveal.js.

Just to follow-up and expand. It looks like slidy is an interface for
Rstudio to a number of html slide (javascript) libraries, and uses
markdown as it markup language, while providing the ability to execute
R code interspersed with the markup (literate programming/reproducable
results)

Org is it's own markup language and allow interspersing executable
code (and its output) in a literate, reproducable way
(babel). Including, but not limited to, R.

In addion org has export interfaces to multiple output types. For
slideshow there are (at least):

          - ox-s5
          - ox-deck
          - ox-reveal
          - beamer

As well as pdf, html and others.

So it doesn't seem to make sense to use org as a frontend to Rstudio,
but i may be wrong...

rick