On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 7:13 PM, Peter Davis <p...@pfdstudio.com> wrote:

[snip]

>> > Unfortunately, that site says they can't accept bugs that use any third
>> > party packages, and the org-exported LaTeX file starts:
>> >

>> Can you delete all of those lines, recompile with pdflatex, and still
>> reproduce?
>>
>> If so, you're still good to go!
>>

> Unfortunately, it gets a lot of errors if I remove all the \usepackage lines,
> and I don't know which packages are third party or not.

I was able to get rid of them all except for graphicx, and I also was
able to replicate with the standard article class :) Here's the
pastebin:
- http://pastebin.com/WeJXAjw7

I cleaned up some of the text just to remove other contributing
candidates (such as changing the tabular to {lll} alignment as not to
use p{}, and using just tabular vs. tabular inside table).

>From my fiddling:
- As-is produces 4 pages, blank 3rd
- Commenting out the hyperref package does *not* produce a blank 3rd page
- Using \section* does *not* product a blank 3rd page

I added a comment linking to Wikipedia's Linux penguin that I used as
./image.png, just to make sure it wasn't possibly related to errors
related to no image being found.

I wondered if it had something to do with the numbered sections being
treated as links (since hyperref was the culprit package). I fiddled
with removing \label{sec-n}, but that didn't have an effect. I
wondered if that was triggering something due to it having links sort
of "ready" for the TOC even though none is present... no idea!

Anyway, as long as graphicx and hyperref are not considered "3rd
party," I think you could still submit the report. You may be told
that since there are overfull hbox and vbox's that it's not their
problem, but I'd still expect the results to be the same with \section
vs. \section*, and with[out] hyperref.

Good luck!
John