zhenjiang zech xu <zhenjiang...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> is there function to extract all the code blocks in the selected region?
>
> For example, can I select the region of the following two blocks and
> extract them with just one command? Or I have to move cursor to each block
> and extract them one by one?
>
>    #+BEGIN_SRC sh :tangle foo.sh
>      echo 'hello'
>    #+END_SRC
>    #+BEGIN_SRC python :tangle foo.py
>      print 'hello'
>    #+END_SRC
>
> I doesn't find the extracting region command in manual. I would think this
> can be a convenient feature to have?
>
> Best,
> Zhenjiang

Currently tangling does not support limiting to the active region.  It
shouldn't be too difficult to update org-babel-tangle to use
region-active-p to perform such limiting, unfortunately I personally
don't have the time to implement such an extension.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte