Hi All,
I was looking for a way to annotate code in Emacs for code reviews and
found a post on Stack Overflow recommending org-annotate-file [1].  This
was pretty close to what I was looking for but with two exceptions,
 * I wanted to be able to store the annotations in different files
depending on the project and
 * I wanted the write my comments in a popup window.

In order to accomplish this I have modified org-annotate-file so that the
storage file is passed as a parameter to `org-annotate-file-show-section`
and only `org-annotate-file` directly use the variable
`org-annotate-file-storage-file`.  I also changed
`org-annotate-file-show-section` to return the annotation buffer rather
than switching to it.  `org-annotate-file` will just pass it to
`switch-to-buffer` but in my personal configuration I instead hand it off
to popwin so that it is shown as a popup:

   (popwin:display-buffer-1 (org-annotate-file-show-section storage-file)
                             :default-config-keywords '(:position :bottom))

This first patch just fixes some of the docstrings in order to satisfy
Flycheck.

Best regards,
David Holm

 [1]: