Hello,

I'm using escreen (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsScreen) to manage
my windows in emacs, typically keeping gnus on screen 0, org agenda and
related todo files on screen 2, and so on.

When I follow a link in a task to a gnus file, this takes over the
current frame, and when I'm done dealing with the message, I have to
"winner-undo" my way until I restore my window configuration. This is
not very convenient.

My questions are:
- is there a way to run some code before following a link (for instance
  "save the current window configuration", or "switch to screen 0")?
- if not, is there a way to copy a link then open it using the
  minibuffer (I would then do the switch to screen 0 manually)?
- finally, do you have alternative window management options to suggest
  that would work well with following links to gnus messages? I remember
  seeing something nice in Sacha Chua's interview of Magna Sveen
  mentioning "perspective-mode", but I have not tried it yet.

Thanks,

Alan