Nick Dokos <ndo...@gmail.com> writes:

> "Loris Bennett" <loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
>> Can someone tell me where I can modify the widths of the columns in a
>> block agenda?  Specifically I would like to increase the width of the
>> first column, which currently contains the category or file name of the
>> task.
>>

> C-h v org-agenda-prefix-format RET

Ah, thanks, Nick.

However, from the documentation, it doesn't look like it is possible to
have the categories starting in the same column if some have a category
icon and some don't, i.e. there is no way of inserting spaces to
compensate when the category has no icon.  So with

  %i %-12:c%?-12t% s

I get

   calendar:   11:00-12:30 Meeting
  X task:       14:00 Fix agenda