Bastien <b...@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Mark, Aaron, Eric and Nicolas,
>
> Eric Schulte <schulte.e...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Please feel free to add this to ox-extras.
>
> I suggest renaming ox-extra.el to ox-filters-extra.el and to have
> org-mode/lisp/ox-filters.el for filters that are important enough
> to be in core.
>
> I think Eric's filter is important enough to be in core, together
> with an option to let users decide what tag should be used instead
> of "ignore" (with "ignore" as a default).

How about "ignoreheading" as this is already the appropriate tag for a
similar type of action in ox-beamer.el?  See e.g. the variable
org-beamer-environments-special and consider this awkward headline:

   * my ignored headline :ignored:ignoreheading:
     Ignored in Beamer and in LaTeX

—Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you