Thanks John

No worries :) ive installed it and its working great.

in a related question, does anyone use it with jabef?

the reason im asking is that im very new to this and wonder about a
possible workflow to export a bib citation from jabref to org and create an
org header (per reference). so far it seems like org-ref will only insert
something like
cite:REF
I have played around with org-bibtex and seem to remember there was a
org-bibtex yank function that created a header in org from the bib citation
in clipboard, can org-ref do something similar?

sorry for the neewb questions