Aaron Ecay <aaronecay <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> The attached patch makes babel read description lists as lists of the
> following format: (("term" "description") ...).  The present default is
> to simply read in the text of each list item, yielding:
> ("term :: description" ...).
>
> Of course, it’s possible to interconvert between the two formats, but I
> think the greater structure of this proposal makes things easier for
> babel authors.  (Another way of thinking of the proposal is that it
> treats description lists like two-column tables.)
>
> What do people think?

With that change

#+BEGIN_SRC R :var a=my-desc-list
#+END_SRC

returns a data.frame with one column of terms and one of descriptions!

Which, no doubt, is what you were thinking.

This will be handy for creating DESCRIPTION files for R packages.

I love it.

FWIW, rgrep-ing org-babel-\(ref-resolve\)\|\(read-result\) and clicking
on the links, I didn't catch any obvious problem cases.

HTH,

Chuck