Hey  finally your response helped me a lot, that is the problem was probably on
my side.

I solved it by installing the package cm-super, as suggested here. I still
can't search in the pdf I gave you (and still wondering why YOU can), but
re-exporting the org file makes a pdf that now works correctly.

Thanks again !
Martin