Hello,

Florian Beck <f...@miszellen.de> writes:

> the recent changes in org-id (presumably
> 8cdb2eef0f9f98f9e00a5e689decfe341fe0c6ec) lead to a massive slowdown.

Would you mind elaborating a bit? Slow down doing what? In which cases?
Could you profile it?

> org-id-find is slow as it is, now I find it almost unusable.
>
> Attached patch provides a fix.

Thanks. However, your patch is (partly) wrong.

> -       (re (org-re-property property nil (not value))))
> -      (catch 'exit
> -     (while (re-search-forward re nil t)
> -       (when (if value (equal value (org-entry-get (point) property nil t))
> -               (org-entry-get (point) property nil t))
> -         (throw 'exit (progn (org-back-to-heading t) (point)))))))))
> +       (re (org-re-property property nil (not value) value)))
> +      (when (re-search-forward re nil t)
> +     (org-back-to-heading t)
> +     (point)))))

Here, it catches false positives, e.g., lines looking like properties in
example blocks. It also overlooks accumulated values. It should fail
with "make test".

However, the optional VALUE argument is nice (I think some profiling
would still be welcome, tho).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou