On 28 Oct 1999, Kai Großjohann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> The problem is that ssh spits out: 'Pseudo-terminal will not be
>> allocated because stdin is not a terminal.'
>>
>> It also seems to invoke a non-login shell if stdin in not a tty.
>> Damn. That is painful. I must see if I can work around that somehow.
>> :(
>
> Hm.  If the shell is interactive, that should be sufficient.  But you
> can say `ssh -t' to work around this.  I think this is not going to
> work for rsh, though.  Hm.

Actually, 'ssh -t' does not work, nor does '-q' quiet it down. What I
get is the equivalent of 'ssh host /bin/sh'. This is annoying.

As for rsh, well, I can't test it but suspect that it will actually work
right; ssh seems to be being clever here and that causes troubles.

If anyone can try rsh with the patch, please do. I would be interested
in knowing. Otherwise I will continue to live with scp and two seconds
of delay on each file open or save...

        Daniel

--
If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.
        -- George Bernard Shaw