I've been thinking about default login names.  Right now, deep down in
the bowels of rcp.el, every file name with a missing login name is
rewritten to put in the local user name instead.

I was thinking of allowing nil as user name everywhere, with the
semantics that the user name is then not passed to the commands at
all.  Ie, rather than saying `rsh HOST -l USER', I just say `rsh
HOST'.

But this breaks with `telnet'.  Hm.  Maybe there, the best thing to do
is to pass the local user name.

And what do we do in the multi-hop method?  There, passing the local
user name to telnet would be kinda strange.  Hm.  Do you think I
should require a user name with telnet in the multi-hop method?

kai
--
The birch trees fly way too low these days.