Martin Pool <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I would be *so* happy if there was a simpler version that worked for
> me.  The functionality like remote vc is great, but I haven't been able to
> use it for ages.

I think that it is possible to get it to work for you, there is just
(well) some debugging involved.

Anybody is free to snarf code from rcp.el to implement the simpler
version using fsh or whatever.  I would try to modularize rcp.el such
that many functions could be reused.  I'm afraid that the `send a
command and wait for shell prompt' mentality is quite deeply ingrained
in rcp.el.  But just have a look and see what you can come up with.

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.