[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Can you tell me more about what problems you observe, Harry?  That
> might help to improve the documentation, at least.

Whee, a dangerous proposal after witnessing my observational prowess
on the "s" in command syntax...

The more detailed explanation of how files are actually observed that
has been descibed in detail in this thread should be summarized
somewhere in the docs.  I guess the section in "inline" and "out of
band" could pass for that, but I think a little fuller explanation
would help because the user would not be expecting an ange-ftp type
view of files where edits are nearly transparent.

A small matter would be adding Daniels actual command lines to the
Docs or even some more, covering different situations.  Nothing like
the real thing for clarity.   Although I admit that persistent "s"
that threw me off, won't occur with everybody.  Since not every one
had hackers meddling with there rcp.el docs (he he).

The one comment:
;; The out-of-band methods require that you can log in to the remote
;; system without having to enter a password.  This is because the
;; standard program "rcp" does not query for a password but just fails
;; if entering a password is necessary.
;;

Now seems clear to me, but at first it was the source of some
confusion. Maybe because the inline or out-of-band discription didn't
soak in.

I tried a few attempts at a clearer write up describing the password
business in-inline and out-of-band methods, but they were no better
and probably worse than what is there already