    KG> If I were to add code to rcp.el to circumvent `cd', would you
    KG> be willing to test it?

Sure!  I *need* this code as there is a machine that I own and admin
for which I do not have the root password.  Sure, I could change it to
something I know, but isn't the box more secure if I don't know the
root password?  *Ha*

Anyway, I'm very reliant on sudo, so this code would be great.  If you
just want to branch off of what you currently have in cvs, I'd be
willing to test the branch.  Whatever works best for you.

Mark.