David Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [...] but my directory is not in the standard search path, and the
> way that rcp.el starts "ksh" (which it needs in order to grok ~
> characters) my .profile doesn't get sourced, so I can't change my
> PATH to include the mimencode program.  Any ideas?

Ah, _this_ is the PATH problem that you mentioned!  (Gnus does
threading, so I saw the other message first.)

Well, there is the variable rcp-remote-path; does it work to add
directories to that variable.

I wish rcp-remote-path would grok ~, but I think it doesn't.

Only those directories which actually exist are added to the search
path, so don't be afraid to add lots of strange directories.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.