DE WEERD, Mario <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have created a method that allows me to transfer files under a
> compressed format.
> Unfortunately the '~'-expansion does not work when calling these
> commands and I am obliged to change the '/bin/sh' in the 'rcp.el' file
> by '/bin/ksh'.
> Then it works.

Does it work if you add all directories which contain programs to
rcp-remote-path?  When establishing a connection, rcp.el goes through
the list and sees if the directory exists.  If it does, it is added to
$PATH on the remote end.  Hence, adding directories which do not exist
on all machines is not a problem.

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser