Daniel Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Still, I don't want to commit this without knowing that it at least
> works for a few people, and I really /don't/ understand how the MULE
> integration has been done in rcp.

Well, that makes two of us...

MULE comes into play in different places, but for the shell buffer,
I'm basically hoping that the MULE machinery does everything right
automatically.  And then, after MULE has decided on the coding
systems, I send `echo foo ; echo bar' and see if the buffer contains
^M characters.  If the buffer does contain ^M characters, I presume
that MULE has guessed wrongly and the output from the remote end is
really CRLF rather than LF.  Thus, I call
coding-system-change-eol-conversion to tell MULE that it's got DOS
line-endings.

[looks into the code]

Oops!  Where did that `echo foo ; echo bar' go?  Surely searching for
^M characters won't work unless there's at least one line ending in
the buffer.

Will try to change this now -- can you test it to see if it works,
Daniel?

kai
--
Beware of flying birch trees.