"Stefan Monnier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Or else `find -type d -print ! -name . -prune'

I have made a change to use this.  However, the command does not
recognize unreadable directories -- I wonder why:

/----
| $ find . -type d -print \! -name . -prune
| .
| ./.rpc_door
| ./mnt
| ./.X11-unix
| ./.X11-pipe
| find: cannot read dir ./ssh-root: Permission denied
| ./TMP_distrssh_13562
| find: cannot read dir ./ssh-schaefer: Permission denied
| ./grossjoh
| ./gsrvdir6104
| find: cannot read dir ./ssh-karabulu: Permission denied
| ./flegel
| find: cannot read dir ./gsrvdir6115: Permission denied
| ./TeX
| find: cannot read dir ./ssh-jf: Permission denied
| find: cannot read dir ./ssh-goevert: Permission denied
| ./ssh-grossjoh
| ./root
| ./blupssh
| [status 1]
\----

For the time being, I have just redirected stderr to /dev/null, so
these unreadable directories don't have a slash appended, but I'm not
sure what could be done about this.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.