On 12 Sep 2000, Henrik Holm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [Kai Großjohann]
>
>>  On 12 Sep 2000, Henrik Holm wrote:

[...]

> It might be necessary to change several functions here... and the
> best way of accomplishing this, if I am able to do it, is
> probably to submit a "patch".  how can I do this?  I am currently
> using RCS/VC from Emacs -- I guess the Right Thing would be to
> get the CVS version of TRAMP, and I guess that VC works mainly
> the same way with CVS as with RCS?  (I know very little about
> CVS.  but again, I'm willing to learn!)

Yes, that's the best way to do development work, generally.

> are there VC functions that can generate the patch for me?

C-x v = will generate a diff of the current file. Alternately, try
M-x cvs-update in the directory to which you check out TRAMP from cvs.
It's a different wrapper over cvs, which you might find useful.

        Daniel

--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a
good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be