E Jason Riedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> Mark me as another person stuck at the initial login. Every encrypted
> mode I've tried hoses, but I haven't tried any non- encrypted mode. A
> (sit-for 1) directly after the "echo hello" solves the problem.
> Un-commenting the one before all that does not.

This sounds like the diagnosis in the previous message is right. I will
try to find time to test and commit that change this evening.

> BTW, tramp is pretty nice... It might be worthwhile to add an fsh
> option, as that can drastically reduce the cost of scp. It does
> require fsh on both sides of the connection, but... hmm. I may end up
> trying that if I use tramp to convert my remote tons- o-MH-folders
> into something more sane.

It's not that hard to add a new transport method. If fsh acts like ssh
in terms of command line and all, it should work just fine. Just copy
the `scp' definition and change the names as appropriate.

If you do that, send the section to the list and we can add fsh as a
default supported method. :)

        Daniel

--
C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot.
C++ makes it harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.