On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Tom Roche wrote:
> Dunno if this is already implemented, but it's apparently not done in
> tramp-1.449 (I see a lotta 60s in tramp.el):
>
> IMHO it would be good to parameterize the wait time (e.g. setq
> tramp-wait-seconds), so as to expose that to the user. I suppose if
> one's testing is going well, this is not a problem, but I get annoyed
> waiting a minute for my connection to fail :-(

If you can wait for the new code to be finished, you get the feature.
Until then, if you make sure your patch to do that is up to date (and
Kai does not object), I think it could be applied...

        Daniel

--
When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only
companion we will have from birth to death-ourselves.