On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Tom Roche wrote:
> Daniel Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 16 Mar 2001 13:47:29 +1100
>>> So, you need to pass arg from your lambda to `compile'. :)
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:19:32 -0500
>> Hey, no linenoise! But the signature of compile is
>
>> (defun compile (command)
> <snip>
>> So how to get 'command to them?
>
> Channeling the inner Miles, the voices tell me, "Great coders steal."
> So I look at tramp-compile, and hack it into

Hey, cool. Good call. You found my other suggestion. I thought about it,
then figured the other one (`call-interactively') was better. Anyway,
take your pick - now you know /two/ ways to do it. :)

[...]

> But perhaps this could be saved for future use? and an easier way
> devised to tramp-enable bindings (suitable for use by coders even more
> obtuse than myself ?-)

If you were to, say, write a chunk of documentation on it, that would be
cool. Otherwise it goes on my todo list, which is pretty long.

        Daniel

--
I was born when she kissed me.
I died when she left me.