On Wed, 23 May 2001, Chris Majewski wrote:

> On 23 May 2001, Kai [iso-8859-1] Großjohann wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 May 2001, Chris Majewski wrote:
>>
>> > Cool, that worked. I had to put (require 'tramp-util) in my
>> > .emacs.  Now, how can I tell C-x C-e to run tramp-compile in a
>> > remote buffer, and compile otherwise?
>>
>> (defun cm-compile-maybe-remote ()
>>   (interactive)
>>   (if (and (buffer-file-name)
>>            (tramp-tramp-file-p (expand-file-name
>>            (buffer-file-name))))
>>       (call-interactively 'tramp-compile)
>>     (call-interactively 'compile)))
>>
>> Untested.
>
> Really? What do you use?

I don't use remote compilation.  You would be surprised at how rarely
I use Tramp, and how few features I use.

Maybe I'm not the right maintainer anymore because I don't really use
its power.

>> Does it work?
>
> No. buffer-file-name returns nil in a remote dired buffer.

Does it help to edit the `if' statement as follows?

(if (or (and (buffer-file-name)
             (tramp-tramp-file-p (expand-file-name (buffer-file-name))))
        (and default-directory
             (tramp-tramp-file-p (expand-file-name default-directory))))
    ... as before ...)

If it works, I could add it to tramp-util.el.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory