On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Joe Casadonte wrote:

> I've read everything I can find on how to get tramp to connect via
> ssh/scp from an NT box, and they all, without fail, say that you
> have to set it up so that you're not prompted for a password
> (i.e. via ssh-agent or keys).

>From a Unix system, out-of-band methods cannot be used with passwords,
but inline methods can be used with passwords.

If you have a command line ssh client where connecting to a remote
host looks somewhat like this:

/----
| ssh host -l user
| user@hosts' password:
| You have new mail.
| host%
\----

Then it should work.  Tramp looks for the password prompt and then
asks you for the password.

Another alternative would be that you use some ssh client which pops
up a new window which asks you for a password.  Then you can use this
client, too, since Tramp won't notice that the ssh client is asking
for a password.

Alas, I don't know much about Windows, so I can't help too much.  Does
this help, at least a bit?

kai

PS: I don't see why using ssh with ssh-agent would be insecure.
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory