After never having any functional issues with Emailer 2.0v3 (the last 
version), I'm now finding (no pun intended) that the Finder in OS 9.2.1 
doesn't work for long when Emailer is open. What happens, for example, is 
that, once I hide Emailer, my control strip and Application Switcher 
disappear, the Emailer icon still appears atop the Application menu, and 
nothing in the menu bar will operate. I can still double-click on desktop 
files, so I am able to return to normalcy by going though folders until I 
reach the Emailer icon and double-click on it. Emailer will then return 
to the front, and the menu bar will operate again. If, with Emailer as 
the front application, I click on the desktop, the control strip and 
Application Switcher disappear again. I can still open any file that is 
still visible on the desktop, and I can run other applications flawlessly 
as long as I don't ever need to use anything on the menu bar. The only 
solution is to restart the computer; then, for a while, everything will 
work fine until suddenly the Finder again stops working. If I simply quit 
Emailer, the Finder is frozen (except for access to files and folders on 
the desktop) until I again open Emailer.

Any clues as to what to do. I've trashed the Finder and Display prefs, 
run repair utilities, and muttered to myself. None of this seems to help. 
I haven't bothered to rebuild the desktop or zap the PRAM since neither 
of those operations addresses the current issues.

Please send help!

---Jay

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to