>I set up my accounts long ago. OK, I forgot my passwords - heck, it is 
>automatic.
>Now that I need them can I get them to display in emailer, rather than as 
>bullets??

In 2.0v1 or v2, I think you can either copy and paste the password out, 
or maybe drag the password into a clipping that will show it in plain 
text.

Emailer 2.0v3... nothing you can do in emailer... but there is hope. If 
you have a stream watcher of some kind, you can just check your mail, and 
view the data stream as it goes.... the password is sent as plain text. 

If that is over your head... go grab a copy of PWDer from my web site 
(check in the PWD Suite section). It has a password recovery feature. 
Basically, you set Emailer to check "localhost" while running PWDer's 
password recovery, and PWDer will grab the username and password, and 
tell it to you in plan text.

As a note... PWDer will NOT work with Eudora (at least not Eudora Lite 
v3... I don't have a more current version to test it with). Eudora clears 
the saved password when you change mail server addresses, so when you set 
Eudora to check "localhost" it zaps the password on you. This may not be 
true any longer with Eudora... so try it at your own risk.

Also, PWDer will not work with Entourage. There is a bug in Entourage 
that causes it to always attempt to connect to PWDer using APOP (which 
PWDer doesn't support). I don't know why this is, I tried to find out, 
but after explaining the problem to the Entourage support and developer 
teams... they all fell silent and ignored future emails. (go figure.... 
someone points out a potential bug in an MS program... and suddenly they 
clam up). That kind of ticked me off so much that as far as I am 
concerned, PWDer will NEVER support Entourage if I have a say.



-chris

<http://www.mythtech.net>

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to