Steven,

Thanks for the prompt response but I have a follow-up question.

Is the first subsystem the subsystem that begins after the
application/emulation boundary through the OTA multicast channel to the other
application/emulation boundary?  And is the second subsystem, the transport,
from the application/emulation boundary to the host application?

For example, I have an application that is generating data that I want to send
over 802.11g radio models to another application that will consume the data.  I
set up EMANE with two 802.11g models (NEMs), BER curves, the OTA multicast
address, etc.  I then set up my application space processes (one generating,
one consuming).  Can I interface my application space process with the
application/emulation boundary through port assignments with the localhost IP
address?

Sincerely,

Dean A. Dickmann, Ph.D.
Senior Staff Engineer
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
5600 Sand Lake Road
MD-551
Orlando, Florida 32819-8907
407.356.9625 Office