Dear Forrest,

I am writing a program in which vectorstrip is used to remove vectors. I
wanna be able to call the functions in vectorstrips from my program. Does
vectorstrips or EMBOSS have a set of APIs that I can use?

You can call any EMBOSS application using the command line by adding any options you need (some are required, for example the input sequence or file, other have default values) and add "-auto" to default any other options.

You can also add the command line option "-filter" to read the first input from standard input, and to write the first output to standard output, so you can then write the input directly to the EMBOSS program and read the output directly from the program.

If you allow the program to write output to a file, we recommend that you specify the output file name (for example "-outfile vec.out -outseq vec.seq") so your program knows which file to open.

Hope this helps

Peter Rice
EMBOSS Team