On 09/08/2016 01:04 PM, Donavon wrote:
> I agree with all of the responses that Embed perl was made to mainly use
> CGI.pm and multipart/form-data and really shouldn't be used outside of that.
>
> BUT As long as there is possibility that it might be able to receive
> application/json data I have to look for a way to do it.  It's part of
> my job to look for solutions that work within current limitations.
>
> If every response to this email is "It's not possible" that is something
> I can take to a meeting.  If the responses are "You shouldn't or it's
> difficult" then I have to keep searching for a solution that is
> understandable and workable.
>
> I'm willing to pay a small consulting fee or a donation to a charity,
> for assistance in figuring this out.
>
> So what are the suggestions for handling a call like this on a script by
> script basis.  I might be possible to limit the scripts accepting these
> calls to specific directories.
>
> |varformData
> ={"data1":a,"data2":b,"data3":c};$.ajax({dataType:"json",contentType
> :"application/json; charset=UTF-8",url:'/folder1/doSomething1.epl',data
> :formData,success:function(response){CurrentArray=response;}}); Thank
> You, ~Donavon |
>

> On 9/4/2016 2:30 AM, Michael Smith wrote:
>> I wouldn't use embperl to accept json.  I see embperl as being
>> designed for HTML output, so I don't really see how it helps when
>> dealing with json.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:43 PM, Donavon <d...@mycopanet.com
>> <mailto:d...@mycopanet.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Good to know that there are still some Embperl users out there.
>>
>>     We have a large SAAS system mainly in Embperl, so our usage of
>>     Embperl is not going away anytime soon.
>>

>>     My current question to the Embperl community is:
>>
>>     *How to accept **application/json?*
>>
>>     **I know that "Embperl uses CGI.pm internally to process forms
>>     encoded with multipart/form-data" and that get processed into %fdat.
>>
>>     Is there a way to disable this behavior dynamically per page to
>>     accept application/json data.
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     ~Donavon

Your not understanding or I'm not understanding.  JSOM is a CLIENT
technology and EMBPERL is a server technology.  It can process ANY input
and it doesn't give a darn about application/json.

all the form data is in %fdat, whether you like it or not, and it is
done on the server side.  If you don't want to use something from the
hash, don't use it.  %fdat in of itself does not produce any html

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com