On Tue July 1 2008 14:03:35 Jeff Epler wrote:
> >     3. It would be nice if users couldn't accidentally re-program their
> >        FPGAs in mid-run, ie if firmware loading happened at the sole
> >        discretion of the driver rather than having multiple pieces of
> >        code twiddling the boards.
>
> If bfload can determine whether the device's pci regions are in use, it
> could avoid programming while another hardware driver is using the
> device.  Is this possible with any of the pci interface libraries you're
> looking at?

Good idea!

It's not a feature of the pci libraries, but you can check if
/sys/devices/pci*/$(DOMAIN):$(BUS):$(DEVICE).$(FUNCTION)/driver exists,
indicating that a kernel driver has claimed the PCI device.

For EPP, not so much...

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
my brothers are protons / my sisters are neurons