On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Rene Hopf wrote:

> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 15:49:59 +0200
> From: Rene Hopf <reneh...@mac.com>
> To: EMC developers <emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>,
>     Karlsson & Wang <nicklas.karls...@karlssonwang.se>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-developers] Emc-developers Digest, Vol 114,
>     Issue 13 (Ethernet, STM32F407)
>

>> I use the STM32F407 with the hostmot2 driver. I had some glitches at startup
>> but today I added a small delay someone here suggested end then startup
>> works perfect every time with two cards connected.
>>
>> I have been running two axes with DC servo motors and ordinary encoders on
>> one of the cards although both cards should be used to get 4 axis. I ran
>> servo loop at 1kHz but expect somewhat faster will also work.
>
> Hi, currently I am working on a similar project involving a ethernet based
> board to control my own servo drives: https://github.com/rene-dev/stmbl
> Is anyone of you willing to share some code? I already started implementing a
> server for the hm2_eth protocol, but maybe we can work together?
> my idea is to use rs485 to control the drives, as it is much better than
> step/direction.
> the stmbl hardware also supports smart serial, but there is a lot of software
> to do.
> is there any smartserial client code available?
>
> Rene

Well... sort of

One of the 7I90 firmware options is to run as a simple (72 DIO) sserial remote

The processor code for the remote is part of the hostmot2 firmware source
(in ssremote.zip)

Its written in a quite obscure assy language. but _might_ be somewhat
comprehensible if combined with the sserial protocol description thats in the
back of all sserial remote manuals

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics