On 13 October 2016 at 07:40, W. Martinjak <mats...@play-pla.net> wrote:
> getting the properties and connecting the signals to the appropriate widgets
> is part of the user/developer.

I have considered modifying Touchy, Axis, Gscreen and Gmoccapy to set
the "visible"  property for embedded dynamic tabs when their
containing tab is selected.
It's not 100% obvious how to do it, there isn't a "set visible" but I
might be able to use
https://developer.gnome.org/pygtk/stable/class-gdkwindow.html#method-gdkwindow--property-change

> Btw, posting an example/showcase would be very useful.

Just add the calculator as a tab in Axis, it's an INI file change

[DISPLAY]
EMBED_TAB_NAME=Test
EMBED_TAB_COMMAND=halcmd loadusr -Wn gladevcp  -x {XID} -u
newcalculator.py calculator.glade

Get the calculator to print a message when it appears, and when it gets hidden.

--
atp
lunatics."