Hi Nicklas,

> I could see linuxcnc EMCTASK impelement a g-code interpreter. Could the use
> interface run the hardware with g-code?

The interface is capable of running g-code on LinuxCNC. When you open a
g-code file in the GUI it will be automatically uploaded to the
controller if you are running a remote connection.

The biggest issue I see for a complete GUI is backplotting. Different
controllers use different dialects of g-code so you would either need a
'universal' customizable interpreter (a nightmare to write and maintain)
or some way of embedding the control's interpreter (possible with
LinuxCNC but not with any of the closed source controllers).

Les