I found a method that worked well for me:

.copy the file to be edited into a DropBox or similar location
.open http://gist.asciidoctor.org/ <http://gist.asciidoctor.org/> in a browser
.drop the link to the file in the link box at the top right of the browser page
.edit/save the file then update the browser page
.when all is good save the file back to the original location
.commit and make PR

Cheers, Phill.