-------- Original message --------From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
Date: 5/3/20  8:19 pm  (GMT+10:00) To: emc-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Emc-developers] A halmeter enhancement Greetings all;I never made it
to the garage today as I had a bad time with leg cramps in the night so didn't
get a lot of good sleep last night. They ached all day.How hard would it be to
cause the text background of the halmeter to switch colors when its in the
true/false mode for a logic signal?You could use halshow which has LEDs for
booleans. Although apparently it is not as fast as halmeter
<https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/hal/tools.html&ved=2ahUKEwiAzbfwgYPoAhWnwTgGHQ5HDwAQFjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw2xX6Z6u39uLobHIpmsIQjL&cshid=1583400454676>
 When piddling with this G-704's spindle encoder, changing its index  from an
opto-interrupter to an ATS-667, the halmeter on the monitor screen is too far
away to read the true/false text. But I could see a color change from several
feet farther away. I know which of the wires is ground and which is the 5 volt
supply, but there was originally the A/B/Z wires and I need to find the Z
wire.I threw that opto stuff together on two pieces of perfboard, one holding
the slot gizmo's and one holding a quad cmos buffer to give me rail to rail
outputs quite a few years ago without documenting it, a bad habit of mine.?? a
possible halmeter enhancement patch ??Thanks all.Cheers, Gene Heskett-- "There
are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Please use in that order."-Ed Howdershelt (Author)If we desire respect for the
law, we must first make the law respectable. - Louis D. BrandeisGenes Web page
<http://geneslinuxbox.net:6309/gene>_______________________________________________Emc-developers
 mailing
listEmc-developers@lists.sourceforge.nethttps://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-developers