On Sonntag, 19. April 2020, 15:46:36 CEST Juergen Gnoss wrote:
> Sure, there are some occasions where trajectory needs to be recalculated,
> even after they made it already to the part where actual iron gets moved.

I think, there is no need to recalculate motion path based on users feed-
override action.

In my mind, optimization of motion queue is done to avoid full stop between
motions. But on touching feed-override or in singlestep mode, there's no
requirement to path optimization.

> G00 X... Y...
> G01 X... Y... F...
> G02 I... J... F...
>
> has been sent already to three of motions buffers
> G00 is done and disappears from motions buffers.
> G01 move is half the way done, while the operator moves the feed override
> slider. Now, what is what actual happens and what would we expect to
> happen.

Well, the only time- (and cost-) critical question is the case, when the user
turns feed-override to zero. Than the machine should stop immediately.
Any other case should affect the motion speed only.

So from other cnc-controller I know, that they apply feed-override as a time-
value which will be applied on step-generation. No other software-part cares
about feed-override.
If the time-value at step-generation is handled in realtime, than the machine
is able to do a fast stop.

... and for so - feed override should be applied independant of the move
command or whether it is between moves or whatever.
Feed override is the most important realtime value (in my mind).

Reinhard