Hi Nicklas,

On Dienstag, 5. Mai 2020, 18:20:24 CEST Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
> > I currently work on jogging controls and wonder: is there some info in
> > status area where I can get rid of current jogging actions?
> > I found the commands to start or stop jogging, but no jog-fields in status
> > messages.
> > Did I miss something, or is there no feedback available?
>
> Where are you looking? Inside Linuxcnc?

Sure! Inside linuxcnc - or better said: in src/emc/nml_intf

My app uses nml-interface to interface backend of linuxcnc. I tried to follow
axis, so I guess, I interface the nml-channels of task-manager.
Of cause, I use shared-memory side of nml, no network at all.

My test-scenario is start axis as usual from linuxcnc (which starts the
backend as defined in ini-file) and then start my app from eclipse-ide.
There I can debug my app and have all I need at my fingertips.
For the C--stub I use gvim and run gcc from commandline. Additionally I have
some helpers that check nml-layer for changes ...

So my intention for jogging was, to use axis for jogging and my app as
visualizer. This way I developed the rest of the app.
But that does not to work with jogging.
Or at least, I don't know how to make it work.
>From what I found in nml-layer I could change my app to execute jog-commands,
but not show, what's going on.

Reinhard