On Sonntag, 7. Juni 2020, 17:36:17 CEST andy pugh wrote:
> That seems like a suspiciously large performance increase.
> Do runtests still pass?

What's the sense of runtests?

My debug sessions showed, that stored G5x could never have been tested. Same
is true for tool length compensation.
Or if there exists tests for that, that tests have never been validated by
manual calculations. The bug I found was used unconditionally on every run.
And I'm quite sure, that the bug affects imperial systems too.

linuxcnc supports the most ridiculous functionality but has no tests for the
very basics?

What's the sense of all that testing then?

I of cause did only test the basics, that I use.

The diffs I sent where captured by "diff -Naur" which means, you can apply the
code changes by running "patch" automatically. But that diffs are the
improvement only.
To fix the bug, you should follow my description. Its just a one liner.

cheers Reinhard