Hi,

I just tried to translate the help-pages of pncconf, when I realized, that I
don't understand the mill picture.

In my understanding, homing an axis means, that the axis moves until the home-
switch signals contact. No matter what or where the home-switch is - whether
it is shared limit switch or separate ...

So when the home-switch signals contact, then that is my home position, which
according to the picture of pncconf is identical to the axis origin. I don't
see the 6" home position.

The value of 6" is based on capriciousness, as it can't be measured.
How can I explain that position to a newcomer of linuxcnc if I don't
understand it?

I would understand the picture, if the home position would be called predefined
position (which could be reached with G28 or G30), but Home Position is quite
different from that.

cheers Reinhard