> From:   Robert Murphy <robert.mur...@gmx.com>
> I had a look at the desktop entries and changing from X-CNC-DOC to X_CNC
> in Categories put the shortcuts in the right place. This was on Mint MATE

I doubt it put them in the right place, but it might have put them in
the right menu.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 13:34, John <j...@gnipsel.com> wrote:
> I tried editing /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/CNC.menu and changing
> X-CNC-DOC TO X_CNC with no change on Debian 9. I had Debian 10 working
> so could not test that.

The documentation sub-menu should be populated from X_CNC_DOC.

Have you tried removing the other categories, so that the desktop
files only contain a single category? (I added an extra one to shut
Lintian up)

--
atp
lunatics."