On Friday, 10 June 2022 08:12:14 EDT andy pugh wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 at 13:05, gene heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > I just looked, no backports.
>
> This is a private "backport". ie the deb file is on the LinuxCNC
> repository. https://www.linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/base/binary-amd64/
>
> Including for armhf:
> https://www.linuxcnc.org/dists/buster/base/binary-armhf/
>
> Sudo apt-get install po4a should get you the new version. But if you
> are building the docs on a Pi then you are a masochist, given that you
> can just download them.

I've been accused of that before, Andy, but it keeps my diabetic butt out
of the bars too.

Not for the pi, but for my sixty40 mill, I added a git clone about a year
back, updated it, and so far its building to runtests just fine. It did
build all the english .pdfs in doing that.

I broke my scripts up so if it does all the runtests, I'll check the
make-debs next. From a different login shell as I haven't figured out how
to cancel the runinplace that shell is running with. This is on a intel
box. But the power has blinked, so I may take a new UPS out to that box
before I try make-debs. For some unpublished reason I've run on the
generac about 45 minutes starting in the lunch hour for the last 2 days.
I lost 2 hours worth of setup measurements when it went off about 1/2
after I'd done the last touchoff before actually writing the code to
carve a pcb from scratch.

Looks like that build was ok:
Runtest: 240 tests run, 240 successful, 0 failed + 0 expected

So I'll take this UPS out and install it. It won't do the mill any good
since the vfd needs 250 volts too. But it will save the machine while its
makeing debs.

More later if its worth reporting.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)