On 9/14/22 17:27, Phill Carter wrote:

On 15 Sep 2022, at 4:53 am, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com> wrote:

Does anyone know if there's a well-liked pre-built official or
community-supported Rpi4 realtime kernel somewhere?

Not sure how modern you want but the kernel on the image here is
5.15.27-rt35-v8+

<https://forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc/39779-rpi4-raspbian-64-bit-linuxcnc?start=130#238020

<https://forum.linuxcnc.org/9-installing-linuxcnc/39779-rpi4-raspbian-64-bit-linuxcnc?start=130#238020>>

That's great, thanks Phill!  It linked to just what I was looking for:

<https://github.com/kdoren/linux/>

That's a fork of the official RPi kernel, reconfigured for Preempt-RT, with prebuilt debs for armhf & arm64.

The debs installed on top of a clean up-to-date pi-gen Bullseye armhf image (so Raspberry Pi OS aka Raspbian, not the real Debian).

The latest "release", 5.15.65-rt49, did not boot on my Rpi4, but the previous one, 5.15.40-rt43, did. Latency is a bit worse than Raspbian Buster with the 4.19.71-rt2 kernel but probably usable.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky