Dear all,

I have done it. The nouveau video driver is not stable with my legacy NVidia
card, will hence try another machine with it, otherwise it looks ok. Will start
toying around with the non-free original Nvidia drivers. A missing packages is
"installation-report" (so we can learn about the hardware causing problems).

I could well imagine that there are some other folks interested to play with
this. Can I put this somewhere underneath linuxcnc.org?

Best,
Steffen