On 12/4/22 14:16, Jon Elson wrote:
On 12/4/22 12:16, Chris Morley wrote:
The jog inhibiting code from motion-inhibit was purposely removed some time ago. Why, I don't know because it was put in by me specifically for that purpose a long while back.

as for feed-hold, my guess would be the code change affected it too - probably by accident.

maybe adding separate jog-inhibit pins would satisfy everyone?

Yikes!  I can see arguments both ways, but feed hold or feed inhibit seems like it should stop all motion, even from manual command.  I guess you could have a situation where a clamp or whatever obscures the IR link, and if these inhibits prevented manually moving the axes then you are kind of stuck.  In my case, I can just turn the probe controller off and clear the hold/inhibit.

Yes, a separate jog-inhibit pin would be one way to make everybody happy.

Jon

I agree, up till recently my jog dials were/are ignored when gcode is running. It would be quite a disaster if, while it was busy running some gcode and a tool laying in the chip tray caught and spun either dial and the machine responded to the dial's motion. If this is now a possibility, it needs fixed. IIRC, my fix from wayback is to gate the probe signal off unless motion's mode=5 but that doesn't sound like the same problem as this one.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis